Our programmes are designed to work for you.
NPQEL features include:
- One-to-one Executive Coaching - giving you the opportunity to reflect on your actions and to focus on specific goals
- An executive leader residential event - proving the time and space to take part in presentations and workshops, network and collaborate with peers
- Online self-study - accessible by participants anytime and anywhere, providing easy access for reference
- Tailored content - through regular assessments, surveys and real life situations, so you can recognise yourself in examples and apply new techniques
- Support - to make the transition from Headteacher to Executive Leader - where it's needed
- Expert input - across a range of areas such as the CEO role, developing MATs, finance, governance, values led leadership and collaboration around school improvement priorities.
Discover NPQEL - download our brochure
Duration: 18 months (plus 3 months for summative assessment process)
Hours of study: 87 including 6 hours of 1:1 coaching
Fees and Funding: Free to those who meet the scholarship eligibility criteria. The cost for school or self-funded participants outside of the criteria is £3,995
Scholarship eligibility criteria. Are you?:
- An Executive Headteacher (or aspiring to be) or do you have a school trust CEO role with responsibility for leading several schools?
- Working in a state-funded school or organisation that offers 16-19 places in England?
Our NPQEL programme is delivered centrally via Education Development Trust, rather than via delivery partners.
Apply for an NPQEL
- Register: To begin your application journey, please complete a registration form via the DfE registration portal to verify your details.
- Apply: Once your details have been validated by the Department for Education (this can take up to 3 working days), you will be added to our database. We will then be in touch to advise on next steps and how to complete your application.
We are now accepting applications for our February 2024 cohort.